Sunday, June 13, 2010

More yard images

So after Memorial Day Weekend I figured I better start doing more maintenance work around the yard. Here are some photos to prove at least something is being done without Barb & Bill's assistance.... I've trimmed up the wisteria--half Chinese and half purple--it has yet to bloom and it's been 4 years. Since the lilac just started blooming a little last year, I still have hope that maybe the wisteria will start blooming next spring.


A neighbor 2 houses down had removed their shed in the back and then put all the cinder blocks out for the trash. I helped myself one morning--ugh. Some of these blocks were older and much heavier than the others. After attempting to move them with a dolly, I gave up and drove the van the whole 2 houses away to load up. 25 blocks in all and ready for the next project, probably next spring break, huh?

And as you can see, this flower bed is still blooming strong with color!


Aren't these pretty? they are called Purslane Rio Scarlet and when they bloom they really pop! (might not look it in the photo, but in real life, they are very brilliant--try clicking to see it bigger)






No comments: